3D Printing Applications
We believe, technology is only a means to solve real problems. We need to apply fundamental science concepts with help of latest technology. Today technologies like IoT, Robotics, 3D Printing and Data Science have impacted our everyday life through many applications. All our courses are integrated with this philosophy.
The 3D printing industry is expected to change nearly every industry it touches, completely disrupting the traditional manufacturing process. Since the mid-1980s, 3D printing has changed drastically. It’s demand expands for everything from consumer applications to markets such as automotive, aerospace, industrial and healthcare.
3D printing or additive manufacturing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file. 3D printing enables you to produce complex shapes using less material than traditional manufacturing methods. It is transforming how products are designed, produced, and serviced
- The students will understand basic mathematical and geometric concepts using 3D printing
- Able to execute engineering drawing project
- The students will understand basic manufacturing concepts
- Able to correlate 3D printing with curriculum
- Able to differentiate between 3D printing technologies
- Analyse product requirement to choose a printing method and material
- Imbibe the safety procedure of 3D Printing
- Relate with the 3D Printing terminology
- Use slicing software for 3D printing
- Design and print an idea for an application
This course will help students to improve their fundamental knowledge about mathematics and engineering drawing with real life applications
Students will understand how 3D printing is being applied across several domains (Healthcare, Automobile, Architecture, Jewellery), including design, manufacturing, and retailing. In addition to business applications, this course will examine how people are using this technology to create solutions to the problems they face.
Students will be provided with an overview of design thinking and how you can use this framework to develop ideas that can be turned into objects.
Students will obtain a clear understanding of the capabilities of 3D printing and how to think about designing objects for this new technology.
3D printing has digitized the entire manufacturing process. – Peter Diamandis